12/19/2019

Road marking - No U turn/ No overtake / No lane change [ Japan driving ]

Japan roads have many kinds of marking ( painting).
So, you should take care not only the signs but also the markings on the road surface. From this time, I explain the markings. I would like you to keep in your mind.

[ No U turn ]  Mandatory, Better, Good

This is mandatory sign. You can see everywhere in Japan and should not U turn.  8-20 means to prohibit to U turn from 8:00 to 20:00.
No U turn1No U turn2

They are same meaning as I informed the previous sign.
 No u turn


[ No Overtake / No lane change ]  Mandatory, Better, Good

There Types of followings are same meaning. You should keep your lane and not overtake whenever you keep in your lane (without crossing yellow line).  And you should not change the another lane by crossing the yellow line.  
No OvertakeNo Overtake1No Overtake2
You may be able to see the following sign as I informed the previous sign when you see the yellow line. They are same meaning.

No Overtake

The 2 types of followings are same marking before.  " No lane change" when you are in yellow line side.
Other hand, when you are in white line side, you can change lane. 


Continue to Next(Road marking)
I will explain about Parking/ Max Speed/ No entry zone marking. 
If you have some times, I would like you to see previous pages road signs 
 

I would like you to be helpful for your Japan driving in Japan.
If you have any questions, please let me know them by sending a direct mail or fill comments.



No comments:

Post a Comment